How is everyone doing given our current environment? Personally, I’m having some up days and I’m having some down days…
The good: I’ve taken this as an opportunity to actually SLOW DOWN and enjoy the “little” things in life… because that’s really all we have going for us right now! With our 1 year old home and both of us trying to work from home, I learned to let a lot go and just take my time in general. This has allowed me more time to focus in the kitchen which makes me very happy.
The bad: other times I’m like OMGWHENISTHISGOINGTOENDIAMGOINGTOLOSEMYMINDIFICANTLEAVETHISHOUSEWHYAREYOUBREATHINGSOLOUDGOAWAYEVERYONEOHWAITNOBODYISHEREBECAUSEWEAREALONEHELPHELPHELPHELPHELP!
Ya feel me??
Perfect interlude to this recipe! (go with it…). I made this for the first time on a whim and my brother couldn’t get enough of it. I had another jar of sun-dried tomatoes in the pantry and was really needing some comfort food last night (read as: above run on sentence) so I decided to throw it together again. It’s VERY simple with few ingredients and so flavorful so it’s worth sharing right away! Please let me know if you make this and what you think! Stay strong ya’ll!
Sun-dried Tomato and Sausage Pasta
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small or medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 package sweet Italian turkey or pork sausage removed from casings if applicable
- 1 7 oz jar of sun-dried tomatoes rough chop
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 14 oz rigatoni or other pasta
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pot or dutch oven and begin boiling water for pasta.
- Chop onion and add to olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally until onions begin to become translucent.
- Add chopped garlic and stir for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add sausage and break up with wooden spoon. Stir and cook until sausage is nearly cooked through. Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente.
- Remove the sun-dried tomatoes and some oil from the jar, give them a rough chop and add into the onion, garlic and sausage mixture. Stir until fully combined and then occasionally for 3-5 minutes. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour wine into the sun- dried tomato and sausage mixture to help de-glaze the pan and get all of the delicious bits up from the bottom of the pot! .
- Once the pasta is cooked to al dente, spoon it out of the pasta water into the sun-dried tomato & sausage mixture. Do not rinse your pasta! The starch from the pasta water sticking onto the pasta will help thicken the dish.
- Stir together until fully combined and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Finally, stir in the parmesan cheese and serve immediately! Bon Appetit!